Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Spring '06

The garden on May 30th.











Salvia 'Eveline' on May 25th -- I was impressed -- very early for a Salvia and nice colour and impact. Little or no re-bloom though, with or without cut-back.















Centaurea montana 'Amethyst in Snow' on May 25th. This plant originated in Holland and came to North America via Blooms of Bressingham (supplied to us by Skagit Gardens). It may be identical to 'Purple Heart'.


























Polemonium reptans 'Stairway to Heaven' on May 25th. So far, this is an all-around beautiful and easy plant -- much better as a garden plant, in my opinion, than the variegated forms of P. caeruleum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled onto your blog after a google search. Great info! I have a question about your Salvia Eveline. Did it rebloom this year? I trimmed mine after it's first bloom and it has done nothing. I don't know if it is my error or the way the plant is. I would love your feedback.